Accounting Program officially operated in 2008 and has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education with a rating of “A”. Although classified as a new study program, accounting courses have a high interest with a significant increase in the number of students each year.
The learning process in accounting programs does not only put forward the learning in class. The introduction of the world of work is also done through public lectures, company visits and internships that are routinely held every semester.
Accounting students are also equipped with additional competencies in the form of certification training:
- Qualified Internal Auditor Level Dasar I dan II
- Brevet Pajak A dan B
- System Analysis and Program Development (SAP).
This certification training is the result of prodi cooperation with Yayasan Pendidikan Internal Audit (YPIA), Directorate General of Taxation of Region I West Java Office, and Edugate SAP as the official holder of SAP license for education.
Accounting majors from the past until now are very targeted by many new students because they have “respected” job prospects. Because of the great interest in this course, many universities have opened this course. One of them is Telkom University which has a bachelor of accounting study program located at the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB).
Expected General Skills
- Able to compile accounting and operational information, maintenance, information technology-based and communication for business decision making.
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders by utilizing their professional abilities.
- Able to make managerial decisions appropriately based on analysis of conventional and sharia financial accounting information, management accounting, public sector accounting, accounting audit results of accounting information systems and financial management.
- Able to apply tax planning and management for WP Orang Pribadi, Agency and taxation agencies in accordance with the applicable tax regulations.
- Able to identify, analyze the company’s business conditions, risks and prospects, plan, implement and compile audit reports.
- Mampu melakukan kajian empiris dan pemodelan dengan menggunakan metode ilmiah pada bidang akuntansi keuangan, akuntansi manajemen, akuntansi sektor publik, sistem informasi akuntansi, pengauditan, audit sistem informasi serta manajemen keuangan
- Some opportunities for graduate students who have the competency of Bachelor of Accounting:
- Management Accountants
- Tax Management
- Auditor Junior
- Auditor Internal
- Analis Sistem Informasi Akuntansi